Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Inspiration from a Crow

This fellow was talking so loudly and so long that I had to grab my camera and get a picture of him (or her?).  For very personal reasons I have always held these feathered friends in high esteem.  Something tells me that there will be another quilt that comes from this captured moment.
Perhaps you will remember an earlier quilt I created called, "Urban Oasis" that is now traveling with the Quilts on the Wall exhibit, "Shadows".
It's fleeting moments like such as my recent "conversation" with a crow that put sparkle on a day.
Always remember, never fear to experiment.  
Sometimes wonderful things happen.
© Linda Friedman 2014.  All rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. Linda~ I hope you use this photo as the starting point for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too, Mia. When I snapped the picture I had no idea that I'd captured such a graphic image. I think it would translate well into a large art quilt that would accentuate the black and white contrasts and negative space.

      Delete
  2. It is a compelling photo... looking forward to what it inspires! Somehow missed seeing Urban Oasis before... wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your take on this photo, Linda. Usually my photographic images are less than optimal, but this one really spoke to me, just as the crow conversed with me.

      Delete